Mimosa pudica is a small shrub or creeping plant that is a member of the nitrogen-fixing Fabaceae family. The plant has small pink globe-shaped flowers and pinnately compound leaves. It is native to Brazil, but has become widespread throughout tropical regions and is considered an invasive weed in some areas.
Mimosa pudica is best known as the “Sensitive” or “Touch-me-not” plant, for the curious characteristic of responding to touch by folding its leaves inward and drooping its stem downward. The leaves will also droop at night and when exposed to rain or excessive heat.
- May provide neurological, gastrointestinal support
- May provide urological support
- May provide skin health support
- Supports parasite and microbial defense
- Supports healthy inflammation response
- One quarter of a teaspoon leveled (600mg) mixed with your preferred drink, water or yogurt (soy or dairy) twice a day or as recommended by your practitioner.